There are no CMS Kidney Care rules taking comments at this time. We will post opportunities to submit comments here as they become available.
1. Publication of Proposed Rules: When CMS intends to create or amend a regulation, it publishes a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) in the Federal Register, which outlines the proposed changes or new regulations.
2. Public Comment Period: The comment period varies but is typically around 30 to 60 days. CMS encourages stakeholders, including individuals, organizations, and other interested parties, to provide their feedback during this time.
3. Submitting Comments: Commenters have the option to submit their feedback through various means, including electronic submissions via the Federal eRulemaking Portal, mailing a physical copy, or hand-delivering comments to CMS. It is important to note that not all proposed rules receive significant public comments, so it’s important to speak up.
4. Review: After the comment period closes, CMS reviews all the received comments. They carefully consider the input provided and take it into account when developing the final rule.
5. Final Rule Publication: Once CMS has evaluated the comments and finalized the regulations, they are published as a Final Rule in the Federal Register.